Overview of Advising

Academic advising at UW-L is provided primarily through the faculty, along with support from each college dean's office and the Academic Advising Center.

  1. Faculty Advisors
    The faculty has primary responsibility for advising. You can find your assigned academic advisor and their contact information on WINGS under Academic Profile. Go to WINGS.

  2. College Dean's Office
    The Assistant to the Dean for your college can also provide advising assistance. Your College Dean's Office is responsible for interpreting and applying all academic policies and procedures, and curriculum requirements, of the university. Your college or school is based on your major.

  3. Academic Advising Center
    The main focus of the AAC is to advise students who have not yet chosen a major or are transitioning between majors. The AAC is also the place to begin if you're not sure where to go for academic advising assistance. The AAC serves as the hub of the campus referral network. Go to the ACC.
NOTE: Some students also have secondary advisors in special programs such as Disability Resources, Student Support Services, Multicultural Student Services and the International Student Office. These advisors operate in support of your assigned academic advisor.