Welcome to the Web Home of the Academic Staff
Non-instructional and Select
Instructional Academic Staff
May Video Update:
- A short video update of recent ASC actions can be viewed at this link. We wish to thank all Academic Staff for their efforts to help our students and work to achieve the university's mission. We hope that you take pride in your role in helping another class graduate. Enjoy the transition from spring to summer!
Professional Development Grant Reminder, June 3rd Deadline:
- Academic Staff Professional Development Grants Due June 3rd. Since June 1 is on a weekend this year, the next deadline for the Academic Staff Professional Development grants has been extended to June 3. For more information and application guidelines, click here.
Congratulations to Newly Elected Council Members!
- We congratulate Cari Mathwig Ramseier, Sara Tienhaara, and Drea Higgins who were elected to serve on the council for three year terms in our Spring election. We look forward to their contributions to the council and advocating for the needs of staff on campus.
Nobacco 13 Vote:
- The Council reviewed the proposed tobacco policy at its March and April meetings, considered the responses to the survey that was sent out to academic staff , and deliberated on the benefits and issues with the policy. The results of the survey, completed by 25% of the academic staff we represent, indicated that 69% were in favor of the policy. Several meaningful concerns were also shared by respondents. Based on this activity, the council voted to accept the policy after amending it to remove the language about workplace rule violations. We sent the Chancellor a note explaining our position as well as the possible benefits and concerns with the policy (See that letter here).
Posterous System Access Ending:
- As of April 30, 2013 our system for posting agendas and minutes will change, as Posterous will no longer be available. Meeting agendas will be posted the University Meeting Calendar found at http://www.uwlax.edu/meetings/ The ASC is currently looking to place our minutes from the last three years on the webpage but will need to convert them to a searchable PDF format. Please understand this will take some effort and time. If you are in need of any approved minutes in the interim, please contact us.
Officers of the 2012-2013 Academic Staff Council
Patrick Barlow - Chairperson
Aaron Koepke - Vice-chairperson
Joshua Rybaski - Secretary
Andrea Higgins - Madison Representative
Scott Stine -- At Large