Non resident tuition programs
Return to Wisconsin
Non-Resident Students, not including residents of Minnesota, are eligible for participation in the Return to Wisconsin program, which offers a 25 percent discount on the difference between resident and non-resident tuition rates for eligible students whose parents, stepparents, or grandparents graduated from UW-La Crosse. For 2016-2017, the estimated discount is $3,563 for the academic year. Download the Return to Wisconsin Form to complete and send to the Admissions Office to establish eligibility for this program. Participation continues in the program as long as a student remains in good standing and makes satisfactory academic progress.
Midwest Student Exchange Program
The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse participates in the Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP). This program allows selected undergraduate students who are residents of the states of Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, and North Dakota to attend the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse for no more than 150% of Wisconsin resident tuition. This is an academically competitive tuition rate and the University will cap participation in the MSEP program at 40 students (including both new freshmen and continuing UWL students). Only new freshmen will be eligible to enter the MSEP program. Transfer, re-entry, and graduate students are not eligible. Students ranking in the top 25% of their high school class and scoring a 25 composite or higher on the ACT exam will be stronger candidates for this tuition rate. You do not need to submit a special application for the program. All students who have been admitted as new freshmen and are residents of the above-named states will automatically be considered for the tuition reduction.
There are a number of conditions that must be met to be eligible for the program:
- As an undergraduate student, you must have a declared major.
- You must remain in "good standing" academically (please refer to the undergraduate catalog for specifics). If you fall below good standing, you will be required to pay full non-resident tuition.
- You must have full-time status (12 credits or above) on the first day of the semester. If you drop to less than full-time status after the first day, you can stay in the program the remainder of the semester. However, you must enroll as a full-time student the following semester to be renewed. If you do not enroll full-time the following semester, you will be required to pay full non-resident tuition.
- You must maintain continuous fall and spring enrollment. If you do not enroll for a fall or spring semester, you will be removed from the program and will be required to pay full non-resident tuition.
- You must maintain a UW-La Crosse resident grade point average of 3.0 or greater. If your UW-La Crosse resident grade point average falls below a 3.0, you will be removed from the program and will be required to pay full non-resident tuition.
- You may not participate in both the MSEP and Return to Wisconsin non-resident tuition programs.