Admission to the Aquatic Science Masters Program
You can now apply electronically at http://www.uwlax.edu/admissions/html/gradmis.htm
The direct link to the application page is at http://apply.wisconsin.edu/
Requirements for admittance:
- Minimum 2.85 undergraduate GPA
- Undergraduate transcripts must be submitted
- GRE general exam must be taken and scores submitted A GRE subject test is *not* required.
- Three letters of recommendation should be sent under separate cover
- There must be a UW-L graduate faculty member who will accept you into his/her laboratory. You should directly contact any faculty member with whom you are interested in working. See list of Aquatic Science Faculty (note which faculty are able to accept graduate students).
- One page statement including:
A. Academic and professional goals
B. Previous relevant experiences
C. Reasons for selecting the program
D. Research interest(s)
F. Possible mentor(s) for research
Letters of recommendation and personal statement should be sent to:
Dr. Tom Volk, Department of Biology, 1725 State St. University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, La Crosse, WI 54601
There is no formal deadline and we can admit you as soon as we have all of the materials above.
If you would like to be considered for a Graduate Assistantship (which includes involvement in Introductory Biology labs), please fill out the information form at the above page and return to Tom Volk by February 1 to ensure consideration.
The information on this page was copied and modified from the "Information for prospective graduate students in the Departments of Biology and Microbiology at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse."