Office Supplies Ordering Instructions
Office supplies are very easy to order, and to do so you will need the following:
1. A UW-L procurement card with which to pay for the supplies. If you need a card, follow the Procurement Card Application Procedures on the Purchasing Services website.
3. The catalog number(s), name, quantity, and unit (each, box, etc.) of what is being ordered. This may be obtained from the Staples web site.
4. Access to the Staples web site.
How to order:
On-line: Go to the Staples web site, log in using the information sent to you from Staples, and then place your order. You will be given your pricing at that time. Be sure to include a room number and building name on all orders. If you have the email confirmation option checked in your Staples Advantage profile, you will receive an email notification confirming that your order has been received and processed.
Delivery Address: Be sure to include a room number and building name on all orders.
The contract pricing we receive from Staple applies only to on-line orders. Those prices will not apply to purchases made at a retail store.
The standard delivery time is 1-2 days after the order is placed.
If you have the email shipment confirmation option checked in your Staples Advantage profile, you will receive an email notification confirming each upcoming shipment.
Simple methods to check the status of your order:
Order Tracking: You may track orders by calling Staples Customer Care at 1.877.294.5499
Item availability is noted in Staples Advantage when you place your order.
Backorders will be noted on your Packing Slip
Backorders are normally delivered within 1-3 business days
Backorders will automatically ship as soon as the product becomes available. There is no need to reorder.
Backorders are never billed before they ship
If an item will be unavailable for an extended period of time, you may be contacted by Customer Care for appropriate action.
In the unlikely event that you have not receive your backordered item within five business days, contact Staples Customer Care at 1.877.294.5499 for backorder status.
By Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) Please include the following information: customer number, order number, the quantity and items number(s), reason for the return, and your contact information including phone number.
After contacting Staples with your return information, package the items to be returned in the original packaging. Contact Campus Stores at 785-8643 and inform them that you have a package to be returned to Staples. Campus Stores will pick up your package and return it to the Staples delivery service.
Corporate Express Return Policy:
- Please return products in re-sealable condition (original, unmarked, sealed package) within 30 days of receipt of your order.
- Please inform Staples of any shortages or damages as soon as possible
- For health and safety reasons, food, beverage, or first aid items are not returnable.
- Staples can only issue credit for items purchased form Staples.
- There are no returns of special orders or non-stock furniture except for defective products.