Peace Corps Interview
Aside from general interview questions, below are questions more specifically geared towards a professional volunteer experiences. At times these interviews are very professional in nature and other times it will feel more like a conversation.
Be prepared by reviewing the application, educating yourself about the organization, practicing the questions and having questions ready to ask the recruiter. This is a life changing experience and recruiters would be surprised if you didn’t have questions.
- What is your motivation to volunteer?
- With so many other volunteering programs, why are you specifically interested in the Peace Corps?
- What do you think will be the hardest part about being a volunteer?
- What type of experiences have you had that you feel prepare you for volunteer service?
- Tell me about a time when you had to adapt to a wide variety of people by accepting/understanding their perspective.
- Tell me about a time that you successfully adapted to a culturally different environment.
- Describe a time when you were working on a project and it didn’t go as you had planned it too.
- What obstacles, if any, might prevent you from accepting a Peace Corps invitation if offered one? What other career options are you considering?
- On what criteria do you base your geographic or job preferences? Are there any changes?
- What are some of the reactions of your family, friends, or boyfriend/girlfriend to your interest in Peace Corps?