Lesson Study at UW-La Crosse
Lesson Study Project
Click here for information about how to do Lesson study, including an online guide,
tools, blog, and a showcase of examples
Lesson study is a teaching improvement activity in which instructors jointly plan, teach, observe, and refine class lessons. It can be a powerful way to explore your teaching practices and your students' learning. More than 150 UW-L instructors have participated in lesson study; current and recent lesson study teams are listed below.
2014-2015 UW-L Participants
- Biology (Team I) - Anita Baines, Lee Baines, Barrett Klein
- Biology (Team II) - Jennifer Klein, Gretchen Gerrish, Lee Baines, Barrett Klein
- Biology (Team III) - Lee Baines and Barrett Klein
- Chemistry & Biochemistry - Katherine Friesen and Yevgeniya Turov
- Economics - Nabamita Dutta and James Murray
- English - Ryan Friesen, Marie Moeller, Bryan Kopp
- Modern Languages - Michelle Pinzl and Rose Brougham
2013-2014 UW-L Participants
- Biology & Health Professions - Scott Cooper, Anne Galbraith, Anton Sanderfoot, Aileen Staffaroni, Melissa Weege
- English - Ryan Friesen, Jennifer Mohlenhoff-Baggett, Bruce Handtke
- History (Team I) - Julie Weiskopf, Gerald Iguchi, Patricia Stovey
- History (Team II) - Gita Pai, Tiffany Trimmer, Marti Lybeck, Ariel Beaujot
- Modern Languages (Team I) - Omar Granados and Joshua Everett
- Modern Languages (Team II) - Omar Granados and Rose Broughham
2012-2013 UW-L Participants
- Chemistry - Melissa Anderson, Nadia Carmosini, Katherine Friesen
- Economics - James Murray, T.J. Brooks, Laurie Strangman, Betsy Knowles, Bryan Kopp
- English (Team I) - Kelly Sultzbach, Susan Crutchfield, Bryan Kopp
- English (Team II) - Bruce Handtke, Jennifer Mohlenhoff-Baggett, Ryan Friesen
- Management / Marketing - Nicole Gullekson and Maggie McDermott
- Modern Languages - Laura Merino and Matthew Field
- Political Science - Jo Arney, Adam Van Liere, Tim Dale
2011-2012 UW-L Participants
- Economics - James Murray and Betsy Knowles
- English - Kelly Sultzbach, Natalie Eschenbaum, Susan Crutchfield, Bryan Kopp
- Health Professions - Melissa Weege and Aileen Staffaroni
- Political Science and Public Administration - Jo Arney, Ray Block, Jeremy Arney, Steve McDougal
- Psychology - Tesia Marshik, Bill Cerbin, Katherine Kortenkamp, Rob Dixon
How to get involved in lesson study
The Center for Advancing Teaching and Learning (CATL) offers lesson study orientation and training workshops throughout the academic year. Check the CATL workshop schedule for upcoming sessions. We also do lesson study orientation and training workshops by request. Contact Bill Cerbin, CATL Director and Lesson Study Project Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 2003 over 450 instructors in the UW System have participated in the Lesson Study Project. The video below provides a brief overview of the project.
Project is supported by the UW-L Office of the Provost &
Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and the UW System Office of
Professional & Instructional Development (OPID).
For additional information contact Bill Cerbin, 785-6881 or email@example.com.