Death, Grief and Bereavement Conference
June 2-4, 2014 (Pre-conference Workshop: June 1, 2014)
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, La Crosse, Wisconsin USA
2015 Conference Theme
Facing Death: Care-Giving and Caregivers | June 1-3, 2015 (May 31 pre-conference)
Center for Death Education & Bioethics
Continuing Education and Extension
Concurrent Session and Poster Session Proposal Deadline:
November 6, 2014
Notification emails will be sent on or before: December 11, 2014
All proposals must be submitted online using the call for proposal submission form.
Paper proposals for concurrent sessions (1 1/2 hours each) will be accepted based on the theme. If you wish to submit a proposal, please send a 50-150 word abstract including 3-5 learning objectives listed as bullets and title of your proposed presentation, your name, title, (i.e. Dr., Rev., Rabbi, etc.) credentials, vita, place of employment (including address), phone number and e-mail address. If there is more than one presenter, please provide this information for all those presenting.
Concurrent Session Proposals
- Sessions are limited to 60 minutes of presentation and 30 minutes of questions, discussion and dialogue with participants. It is highly encouraged that you allow 30 minutes for interaction with those attending your session.
- Guidelines for concurrent sessions: 75-100 word abstract and three bulleted learning objectives.
- Selected concurrent session presenters will pay a $100 conference registration fee, receiving a $249 discount (one discounted registration per session).
Poster Session Proposals
- The poster presentation is an 'open stream' and posters are welcome on any topic, theme, theoretical innovation or policy development from across the field of death, dying and bereavement.
- Guidelines for poster sessions: 75-100 word abstract and three bulleted learning objectives.
- Posters will be up throughout the conference and one 30 minute author presentation will be scheduled.
- Poster sizes will be determined in January.
- Poster presenters are expected to pay full conference registration fees.
This educational offering is recognized by the following for continuing education credit:
- Association for Death Education and Counseling®
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)*
- American Psychological Association Continuing Education
- University of Wisconsin-Extension
*May not meet Association of Social Work Boards requirements
For additional questions, please contact: Caitlin Milnthorpe at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding submission process, please contact: Continuing Education, 608.785.6504 or email@example.com