ISRS 2015 EXHIBITION
The 4th Biennial Symposium of the International Society of River Science (ISRS) 2015 is being hosted by the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse River Studies Center in collaboration with the US Geological Survey Upper Midwest Environmental Science Center, Winona State University Large River Studies Center, and the University of New England, Australia. The three most recent biennial symposia were held in St. Petersburg, FL, USA (2009); Berlin, Germany (2011); and Beijing, PRC (2013).
Location. The conference center (La Crosse Center at 300 Harborview Plaza) and hotels are located in historic downtown La Crosse, WI, USA, adjacent to the scenic Mississippi River waterfront.
Target Audience. This conference is targeted for a multidisciplinary audience of 300-500 from the physical, natural, and socio-economic sciences, as well as others who manage, create policy for, and use riverine resources. Selected presentations, exhibits, and other events will be open to the general public.
Conference Format. The conference will include keynote, plenary, and special and general contributed sessions; poster sessions; a diverse array of exhibits; and networking receptions.
Exhibit and Poster Sessions. The ISRS 2015 Exhibition venue is South Hall A of the La Crosse Center (24,000 sq. ft. with 30-ft. ceilings). The exhibition venue will be located within the technical poster-presentation and refreshment-break area, which is adjacent to the conference meeting rooms. These sessions will simultaneously display sponsor exhibits, organizational/agency exhibits, museum exhibits, and the technical posters at a common time. The venue will maximize traffic of conferees in the exhibit area and foster robust networking opportunities.
- The exhibit area will be open for conferees to browse throughout the day on Monday through Wednesday;moreover, formal Exhibit-Poster Sessions will be featured on Monday, August 24, and Wednesday, August 26, from 4:40 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. No other conference events will be occurring at these times. Exhibit and poster presenters are expected to stand by exhibits and posters during these formal sessions.
- The Exhibit-Poster Session format will be a reception setting open to all conferees with complimentary beverages,hot and cold hors d’eouvres, and a cash bar.
Exhibitor Fee, Space, and Registration Deadlines. The basic fee for a single exhibitor space is $750 for Not-For-Profit groups (non-governmental, governmental, university/college) and $1,250 for Corporate/For-Profit groups for registration on or before May 15. Additional exhibit spaces may be requested for a fee of $150 (Not-For-Profit) or $250 (Corporate/For-Profit) for each additional space. The registration fee after June 23, 2015, is $1,000 for Not-For-Profit and $1,600 for Corporate/For-Profit groups. Additional spaces after June 23 are $200 for Not-For-Profit and $320 for Corporate/For-Profit groups.
- Each exhibitor booth measures 10’ wide by 8’ deep and includes back and side drapes, one 8’ skirted table, twopadded folding chairs, and one 110-V electrical outlet. Other special requests may require an additional fee andmust be made to ISRS2015@uwlax.edu.
- The registration fee includes one conference
registration that entitles one individual who is
representing theexhibitor to attend all basic conference
events including the opening reception and address on
Sunday, August 23; all
conference sessions; continental breakfasts, break refreshments, and lunches on Monday, August 24, through Wednesday, August 27; banquet on Tuesday, August 25; and Exhibit-Poster Sessions on Monday and Wednesday.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund less a $50 processing fee will be provided for cancellations received on orbefore July 15, 2015. No refunds will be issued after July 15. Substitutions will be considered.
- Insurance and handling of the exhibit in transit and during the conference are the responsibility of the exhibitor.
Set up. Exhibits may be set up between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Monday, August 24, and must remain through 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, August 26. All exhibits must be removed by 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 27. The Planning Committee is exploring options for possible set up on Sunday afternoon, August 23.
Registration Deadlines and Process. Early registration is encouraged and is open through June 23, 2015. Exhibitors may register via an online process.
September 15, 2014