- Continuing Education
- 608.785.6504, 1.866.895.9233
January 9-10, 2015
Cartwright Center, UW- La Crosse
Conference Theme: Celebrating Our Children
- Paul Epstein, Ph.D., an international speaker and author who has worked in Montessori education as an administrator, teacher, researcher, and consultant. Paul is currently Head of School of the Rochester Montessori School, Rochester, Minn.
- Laura Rasmussen, Upper Elementary Guide and STEM Enthusiast, Rochester Montessori School, Rochester, Minn.
- Maggie Watson, Lower Elementary Montessori Teacher, River Falls Montessori Academy, River Falls, Wis.
- Observation: The Key to Celebrating Children's Learning, Paul Epstein, Ph.D.
- Why 'Good Job' Breeds 'Bad Job,' Paul Epstein, Ph.D.
Breakout Sessions: (tentative)
- Introducing Montessori to Families
- Literacy and Language Extensions
- Inquiry-based Science Experiments
- Sensorial Gardens
- Integrating Art Across the Curriculum, Maggie Watson
- Authentic Assessments that Align with Standardized Testing
- Engineering and Montessori, Laura Rasmussen
- Community Partnerships and "Going Out" Trips
- Round Table on Administrative Challenges
- Governance Council Responsibilities
- C.O.R. E. Observation: Guiding Learning and Development
- Creative Movement for Toddlers through Lower Elementary
Who should attend:
- Montessori educators and administrators
- Public school educators and administrators
- Private school educators and administrators