Therapeutic Recreation Programs
Therapeutic Recreation and Developmental/Intellectual Disabilities - 3 Credit
RTH 491/591, section 411
This course provides an overview of Therapeutic Recreation and
Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities (DD/ID).
- Definitions and characteristics of people with DD/ID including autism;
- Assessment tools used to measure leisure interest and abilities of persons with DD/ID;
- Adaptive devices to maximize participation in "Therapeutic Recreation programs;
- Therapeutic Recreation and the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) process;
- The prevention of abuse of people with DD/ID; and
- The influence of sensory integration, communication, nutrition and behavior on the ability of a person with DD/ID to participate in Therapeutic Recreation programs.
Instructor: Kristin Ruprecht
January 28-May 10, 2013
Tuition, 3 credit* (UG/GRAD), *a $15 Registration Fee and a $2/credit D2L (Desire2Learn) Fee is assessed to all students each semester.
Registration Deadline: January 28, 2013