The Fifth Vital Aging Conference
Celebrate the Wisdom of Aging!
June 12, 2014
La Crosse County Aging Unit
UW-La Crosse Continuing Education and Extension
Thank you sponsors:
La Crosse County
2015 Dates TBD
Celebrate Older Americans Month at the Vital Aging Conference!
June 12, 2014
9 a.m.–3 p.m., registration at 8:30 a.m.
(8 a.m. Optional Session: "Get Moving: Senior Circuit" exercise session)
Cartwright Center, UW-La Crosse, 1725 State St. , La Crosse, Wis.
$25, lunch and refreshments included
4.75 contact hours
This event recognizes the vitality and diversity of today’s older Americans who now span three generations. The workshops and activities will inspire, refresh and empower participants to find "unleash the power of age" at every life stage.
Amy Goyer, AARP's Home & Family Expert, AARP Sponsored, More
Brian Udermann, Ph.D., Ivy Hills Communication
Tom Thibodeau, Associate professor, Religious Studies, Director of M.A. in Servant Leadership at Viterbo University
The workshops reflect a rich variety of topics. A lunch is included in the registration fee of $25.
- Get Moving: Senior Circuit - Barb Schaefer,
Kylie Formanek, Fitness Directors,
La Crosse Area Family YMCA
- Is Laughter Really the Best Medicine? Give Yourself Permission to Laugh More and
- Improve your Overall Health - Brian Udermann, Ph.D., Director, Online Education, UW-La Crosse
- Introduction to Moving for Better Balance - Barb Schaefer, Kylie Formanek, Fitness Directors, La Crosse Area Family YMCA
- Power of Legal and Financial Planning - Art Peek, Mayo Health System and Tina Johnson, Elder Benefit Specialist, Aging Unit
- Before the After - Sara Wrobel, Executive Director, Causeway Interfaith Volunteers, Caregivers, Inc.
- Unleash Your Learning Potential - Learning in
Herbal Oils and Soaks - Laurie Stiers, Nurse Practitioner, Certified Clinical Herbalist & Owner
- “We’ve Hung the Lantern” - Professor Emeritus
Les Crocker, who taught art at
UW-L from 1969-2001
- Be Stronger to Live Well Longer - Bernice Olson-Pollack, Certified Personal Trainer and Senior Fitness Instructor
- Every Flower is a Soul Blossoming in Nature - Sue Betz, La Crosse County Aging Unit
- Learn to Share the Care and Get Connected with the Caregiver Coach - Claire Culbertson, Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Resources (GWAAR) & Amy Brezinka, Caregiver Coach Program Coordinator, La Crosse Aging Unit
- Staying Active With the Help of Massage Therapy - Meredith Mcoy, LMT, NCTMB & Instructor Globe University
- You Might Be a Caregiver If… - Amy Goyer, AARP’s Family and Caregiving Expert
- Caregiving: Tips for staying Healthy and Sane - Amy Goyer, AARP’s Family and Caregiving Expert and author of AARP’s “Juggling Work and Caregiving”
- Come Play the “Raise your Health I.Q.” Quiz Game - Violette Rose, Registered Nurse, Aging and Disability Resource Center
- The Digital Revolution - Jack Socha, Author and Instructor & Bob Metcalf, Commercial Photographer
- Celebrating Diversity in Aging - Tracy Littlejon, Hmoob Cultural & Community Agency & Member of Ho-Chunk Nation, Va Thao, Hmong Elder & Caregiver Specialist, La Crosse County Aging Unit
- Be Stronger to Live Well Longer - Bernice Olson-Pollack, Certification Personal Trainer and Senior Fitness Instructor
- Dare to Be Wise - Tom Thibodeau, Associate Professor, Viterbo University