Expanding the Horizon for School Psychologists!
2013 Fall Convention
Collaboration: Building Positive Parent-Teacher
Relationships at the School-wide Level,
Kathleen Minke, Ph.D., NCSP
- Reshaping the School Psychologist’s Role within a Multi-Tiered System of Support, Matthew Burns, Ph.D.
- Family-School Collaboration: Building Positive Parent-Teacher Relationships at the School-wide Level,
- PREPaRE Workshop 1 (2nd Ed.), Crisis Prevention and Preparedness: Comprehensive School Safety Planning, Scott Woitaszewski, Ph.D. & Todd Savage, Ph.D., NCSP
- Student Sectional
- Resources and Networking
- An Introduction to School Crisis Prevention & Intervention: A Graduate Student's Guide to Getting "PREPaREd", Scott Woitaszewski, Ph. D.
- Critical Issues Facing School Psychologists: Resources & Networking, Sara Solweymani-Alizadeh, Ed.S. and Edmund Campbell, Ed.S.
- The 'How' of Meeting the Diverse Needs of Our Students: CRP and UDL through a PBIS Framework, Dana McConnell and Kent Smith, MSSW, CISW, LSSW, WI RtI Center
- Selective Mutism: Assessment and Intervention, Randy T. Busse, Ph.D.
- Brief Experimental Analysis in Practice, Michael I. Axelrod, Ph.D.; Melissa Coolong-Chaffin, Ph.D., NCSP; Dana Wagner, Ph.D.; Kimberly Maczko, B.A.; Kaitlyn O’Shea, M.S.E. and Karissa Danes, M.S.E.
- "Unpacking and Repacking the Common Core State Standards: A Guide to the Academic and Behavioral Demands for Success," Tamara A. Maxwell, English Language Arts Consultant, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Response to Intervention in Wisconsin: Using Empirical Evidence to Guide Decision Making, Jacalyn W. Weissenburger, Ph.D. and John Humphries, NCSP
- Brief Solution-Oriented Counseling in Schools, Kathleen Minke, Ph.D., NCSP
- DPI Update: Drop Out Early Warning System & Lenses on Reading, Kathryn L. Bush, Ph.D., School Psychology Consultant, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Response to Intervention Applied to Math, Matthew Burns, Ph.D.
- Sexual Behavior and Young Adults with Autism and Developmental Disabilities, Christine R. Peterson, Ph.D.
- Methods for Assessing Response to Intervention, Randy T. Busse, Ph.D.
- Plus much more!
Who Should Attend:
- school psychologists
- and administrators
Handouts will be available online. Please download the handouts before the convention.
Hard copies of handouts will be available for those that request it for a $15 fee. No hard copies of handouts will be available the day of the convention. Handout fee option is available when registering for convention.
Graduate credit available.
Hotels cut-off date is October 8, 2013
Conference location is the The Plaza Hotel & Suites, 1202 W. Clairemont Ave., Eau Claire, WI 54701 | 800.482.7829
The Wisconsin School Psychologists Association is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer continuing education for psychologists. The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse is approved by the American Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Wisconsin School Psychologists Association and the University of La Crosse maintain responsibility for these programs and their content.