- Emergencies: (608)789-9999
- University Police: (608)789-9000
UW-L Emergency Information
UW-La Crosse works to to address any emergency situations that may arise and provide students, faculty and staff with the support that they need. The UW-L Police Department, in conjunction with the Dean of Student’s Office and other campus offices, has developed a detailed crisis plan to respond to major incidents that might impact the campus community.
- It is important for students, faculty and staff to play a role in campus safety. Please take a moment to sign up for City Watch which is designed to relay information about potentially
harmful situations via your cell phone.
- Students signup at: http://ww2.citywatchonline.com/Public/Signup.aspx?SUID=y2pTI2Q3RpoDWwS8gu/3AA==
- Faculty/Staff signup at: http://ww2.citywatchonline.com/Public/Signup.aspx?SUID=V/h3IkOR9/e9bZxdZCLLFA==
- If you observe potential risks or have a safety concern, please contact our Behavior Intervention Team at 608-785-8062 or if it is an imminent threat contact our University Police at (608) 789-9999 or call 911.
- If you have questions about the university’s safety plans, or are interested in counseling or crisis support, call the Office of the Dean of Students at (608) 785-8150 or e-mail email@example.com.
- If you are a faculty or staff member in need of counseling or
crisis support, the Employee Assistance Office, Associates in
Counseling, can be reached at 608-782-1117. You may also visit the web site at