Problem Solving for Elementary Teachers
Welcome to Mth280: "A high activity course designed to enhance skills in problem solving. Includes methods of representing problems, general strategies for solving problems, creative problem posing and ways to evaluate progress in problem solving skills. Examples taken from the elementary school curriculum."
News and Updates - Spring 2010
- See the Homework and Handouts table below to download or print the syllabus, calendar, and all homework sets and class notes.
- Portfolio Writeup.docx requirements are now posted.
- Portfolio Problems 1 and 2.docx
- Portfolio Problems 3 and 4.docx
- Portfolio Problem 5 and Project Ideas.pdf
- Portfolio Writeup.docx
- Problem Set #1 - Student work, and the butterfly area problem.doc - due Mon. 2/1
- Problem Set #2 - Make a list / Use guess & check.doc - due Monday 2/8
- Problem Set #3 - Use Diagram, Eliminate Possibilities.doc - due Monday 2/15
- Problem Set #4.doc - due Monday 2/22
- Problem Set #5.doc - due Monday 2/29 (or 3/1, whichever comes first).
- Problem Set #6.doc - due Monday 3/8
- Problem Set #7.pdf - due Monday 4/12
Homework and Handouts -- Hit Refresh (F5) to Get Updated Homework Set --
|Date||Homework, Handouts, Etc.|
|Spring Break||Spring Break|