Welcome to Dr. Hasenbank's Mth151 page.
Catalog course description: A precalculus course on properties, graphs, and applications of elementary transcendental functions. Topics include concepts from analytic geometry; theory of equations; the logarithmic, exponential, trigonometric, and inverse trigonometric functions; and analytic trigonometry. Prerequisite: MTH 150 or two years of high school algebra and an appropriate placement test score. Successful completion of MTH 151 precludes taking MTH 150 for credit. Successful completion of MTH 207 precludes taking MTH 151 for credit.
News and Updates
- See the Homework and Handouts table below to download or print the syllabus, calendar, and all homework sets and class notes.
- Need Help? There are numerous resources
that can help you succeed in Mth151:
- Meet with me (either during scheduled office hours or make an appointment.)
- Send me an email -- I will check it before I leave at noon and again after about 9:00pm.
- Get free tutoring / homework help in the Math Learning Center (click for Summer schedule).
- Review Dr. Peirce's podcasts of Mth151 Content.
- Review my podcasts from Mth151 Fall 2009.
- View Learning objects for algebra skill review (with podcasts) for Ch 1 - 5 of your text.
Homework and Handouts -- Hit Refresh (F5) To View Most Recent --
Click here for podcasts of many of the assigned homework problems.
GeoGebra - A Wonderful Tool for Precalc!
GeoGebra is a free program that combines geometry, algebra, and calculus features into one nicely integrated package. I will provide examples and encourage you to make use of this great tool this semester. You can download GeoGebra (or just run it directly from the web!) by going to www.geogebra.org. Here are the GeoGebra files I've used in class:
- 05.25 - Horizontal Stretch.ggb
- 05.25 - Vertical Stretch.ggb
- 06.01 - Rational Functions.ggb
- 06.07 - Logistic Curves.ggb
- 06.07 - Logistic Curve Example 10.ggb
- 06.07 - Human Memory Models.ggb
- 06.07 - Cooling Models.ggb
|Week||Homework / Tasks / Handouts|
(Project 1 Outline.pdf)
(Study Guide for Trig Identities.xls)
(Project 2 - w/ revised Robot Problem.pdf)
(WeatherData.xlsx, WeatherPod.swf, FitnessPod.swf)
Mathcasts created by you and your classmates appear below: