Welcome to Mth208, in which we continue to explore the concepts and procedures of calculus.
Catalog Description: A continuation of Calculus I with a rigorous introduction to sequences and series. Topics include techniques of integration and indeterminate forms, improper integrals, applications of integrals, applications of integrals to the physical sciences, tests for the convergence of a series, absolute convergence, power series, and Taylor's Theorem with Remainder. First order linear differential equations are explored, as well as the geometry of space. Prerequisite: MTH 207.
News and Updates
- Typesetting Math -- Using the Equation Editor Video Podcast
- Typesetting Math -- Using the Drawing Toolbar Video Podcast
- Mathematica Tutorial Screencast from Wolfram
- Mathematica Introductory Notebook - Walks you through the basics of Mathematica
- Mathematica Sample Notebook for Calculus - Specific Mathematica functions commonly used in Calculus
- Mathematica syntax for plotting a curve together with a list of points.
Homework & Handouts: Go to the homework and handouts page.
Solutions, Podcasts, and Extra Problems: Go to the podcast and solution page.
Review: Need to review some Precalc / Calculus I topics / skills? Here are some options:
- Check out these Applied Calculus podcasts.
- Go to the Stewart's e-resources page and download the algebra review pdf.
- Take the diagnostic tests at the beginning of your book to identify areas in need of improvement.
Dfield Program: http://math.rice.edu/~dfield/dfpp.html