Assessment Coordinator Position - DRAFT
(Brought to Faculty Senate 3-13-08)
The Provost’s Office is accepting applications for an Assessment Coordinator.
Responsible for developing and implementing a plan to integrate assessment of student learning in academic programs with the Academic Program Review process.
· Works with APR Committee to
o develop university-wide and university-approved assessment guidelines.
o develop a process in which APR reviews departmental assessment plans
o consults annually with new APR members to familiarize them with the assessment review process
· Consults as needed with academic departments to help develop solid and realistic assessment plans
Responsible for aiding the development and implementation of general education assessment.
· Works with assessment task force to develop a comprehensive plan for assessment of general education outcomes
· Coordinates implementation of general education assessment (e.g., administration of the Collegiate Learning Assessment)
· Consults with and reports to the General Education Committee about assessment results.
Responsible for writing the NCA follow up report on assessment.
The assessment coordinator position will be a .50 reassignment during the academic year. In addition, there will be a .50 of 2/9s summer stipend. The position will be reviewed after one year.
Applicant must be a tenured faculty member with the rank of associate professor or professor with a minimum of five years experience at UW-La Crosse. Applicant must have experience with course and programmatic assessment. Applicant must possess collaborative interpersonal skills and strong communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit a letter of application and current CV to:
Office of the Provost
145 Graff Main Hall