Faculty Senate Executive Committee
2:50 p.m. – Eagle’s Nest
January 20, 2009
Present: Joe Heim, Rebecca LeDocq, Susan Crutchfield, Brian Udermann
1. SEC will not meet Jan 27; it will meet Feb. 3 at 3 p.m.
2. D2L resolution from students
The Student Association has passed a resolution asking for faculty senate support for their request “requiring D2L sites be made available to every class for the duration of the academic term in which it is offered.” This will be discussed at Senate on Feb. 5.
3. AAO Search and Screen process
A faculty member has expressed concerns to the Senate Chair and to the Chancellor about how the AAO was chosen. The faculty member will be invited to meet with the SEC to discuss those concerns.
4. Student request for access to SEIs
Heim has drafted a charge letter to the PTS committee asking them to advise on the request.
5. CATL proposal will go to senate on Feb. 5
On Feb. 5, Gubbi Sudhakaran (NCUR Chair) will update Senate on faculty opportunities during NCUR.
7. The meeting was adjourned at 3:45 p.m.