Faculty Senate Executive Committee Minutes
1:00 p.m. – 327 Graff Main Hall
August 18, 2008
Volume 43, Number 02
Present: Joe Heim, Rebecca LeDocq, Susan Crutchfield, Brian Udermann
1. Minutes from Aug. 6, 2008 SEC meeting were approved.
2. Agenda Items for the Year
Possible agenda items were discussed, including the following:
- strengthen faculty governance—communication/education; common hour; more participation; outreach to administration; new faculty orientation
- increase faculty morale; address attrition rate
- discuss the suggested coalescing of teaching-support units (CATL, WE/WIMP, etc.)
- ownership of online courses
- student evaluations online
3. Senate Schedule
Proposed FS fall meeting dates:
Sept. 11, 25
Oct. 9, 23
Nov. 6, 20
Feb. 5, and TBA
4. Committee Assignments
The committee discussed how to address Tom Pribek’s request for a continued assignment to the General Education Committee having been overlooked.
5. Committee Charges
Committee charges for the year were discussed.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:30.