FACULTY SENATE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES
4:00pm – 327 Graff Main Hall
September 15, 2009
Members: Joe Heim, Kerrie Hoar, Becky LeDocq, Adrienne Loh, and Bart Van Voorhis
Visitors: Bob Hoar
- Minutes from September 8 SEC meeting approved: M/S/P
- Chair’s Report: none
- New Business:
- Textbook Oversight Committee: Faculty Senate needs to forward the names of three faculty members (one from each college) to serve on this joint committee. Motion to forward the following to serve as the faculty members for the Textbook Oversight Committee: Nick Downey (SAH) – 3 year term, Chuck Lee (CLS) – 2 year term and Michael Haupert (CBA) – 1 year term. M/S/P
- Question of Posting SEC Minutes on Newsfeed: Motion to post approved SEC minutes to the Faculty Committee Newsfeed. M/S/P
- Request from Institutional Researcher Teri Hinds: A new process has been adopted for requesting student email lists for research projects, class projects, etc. Teri would like to announce this new process and discuss and answer questions at an upcoming Faculty Senate meeting. SEC Action: Teri will be put on an upcoming Faculty Senate meeting agenda – possibly October 1.
- Discussion of Potential JPB Issue: Discussion of Bob Hetzel’s announcement at the last JPB meeting that indirect funds are going to be distributed differently and used, in part, to fund additional staff positions. SEC will postpone further discussion until more information has been gathered.
- Old Business: none
Meeting adjourned at 5:03pm.
Kerrie Hoar, secretary