Articles and By-Laws Committee Minutes
Meeting Minutes - Thursday 11/08/01
Present: Cynthia Berlin, Mark Gibson, David Koster, Keith Sherony
Absent: Tom Hench
Meeting was called to order at 8:15 a.m., Wimberly Hall 111
1. The minutes of 10/18/01 meeting were unanimously approved with a change to point 2, second sentence, from “If changes are subsequently …” to “ If changes are made subsequently…”
2. Koster presented proposed changes to the Travel and International Education Committee bylaws, duties and responsibilities. Included is a change of name to International Education Committee. A motion to approve the changes was made (Gibson), seconded (Berlin) and passed unanimously. Koster will prepare a document for the faculty senate that explains the rationale for the changes.
3. Berlin gave an update on the progress made on the evaluation of UWL administrators. An email request for information on methods used to evaluate administrators is being sent chairs of faculty senates at other UW system universities.
4. Gibson gave an update on the progress made on the evaluation of the Athletic Program. It was noted that a piecemeal review process seems to be in place. Gibson agreed to document this process and also prepare a survey to investigate how other UW system universities evaluate athletic programs.
5. The next meeting was tentatively set for Thursday, November 15, 8:15 a.m., Wimberly 111.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:15 a.m.