23, 2002 - Committee on Academic Policies and Standards (CAPS)
Members Present: Adan Burgos, Jerry Davis, Dorion Dorado, Ron Glass, Lise Graham, Robert Hoar, Jessica Karis, Bridget McCoy, Bruce Riley, Joyce Shanks, and.Sarah Shillinger
Excused: Scott Cooper
1. The meeting was called to order at 3:38 p.m. in 326 Cartwright by Chair Robert Hoar.
2.Motion/Second: UW-La Crosse undergraduate student transcripts and grade reports should indicate, along with the letter grade earned, the numerical mean grade given in the class, as well as the class enrollment. Courses with enrollments of less than ten will be exempted from this provision. Departments may recommend, with the approval of CAPS, that certain courses (e.g. honors classes, independent study, etc.) also be exempted.
3. Motion/Second/Pass (8-2-1) to amend the motion to include the following:
The students will have the option which type of transcript will be released by the University. The traditional transcript will remain the University's default transcript.
4. Motion/Second/Pass (7-3-0) to delete the last sentence: (Departments may recommend, with the approval of CAPS, that certain courses (e.g. honors classes, independent study, etc.) also be exempted.).
5. Vote on the twice-amended motion: (5-5-1). Motion failed by tie vote.
4. The meeting was adjourned at 4:40 pm
Jerry Davis, Secretary