International Education Committee
March 26, 2004
342 Cartwright Center
Present: D. Kuderer (Chair), N. Navar, J. Hill (Student Association Representative), S. N. Rajagopal, J. Bryan, L. Swayhoover (OIE, Consultant), P. Nelson, G. Cravins, E. Kraemer (INS, Consultant)
Excused: K. Koppelman, A. Burrowes, April Handtke
Guests: Pam Rodgers, Curt Reithel
- Meeting was called to order by Chair Kuderer at 12:15 pm.
- Pam Rodgers and Curt Reithel provided a detailed update of the 2004 London Study Tour. Two main assets of the tour are:
- Several Political Science courses are linked with the tour. This appears to be a creative and thorough effort.
- The cost of the tour for students seems affordable, due to the creative financing efforts of the Political Science Department (using foundation monies to fund one staff members.
Two informal recommendations were made by the committee:
a. Correct the math errors in the budget
b. Add specific course section information on all marketing materials
- Lisa Swayhoover reported that the delegation to Asia went well. This was a recruitment/alumni tour. A contract was signed with the City University of Hong Kong. Delegations to London and Scotland are also doing well.
- Meeting adjourned at 1:15 pm.