Articles and Bylaws Committee
November 12, 2004
4027 Cowley Hall
Present: D. Koster, P. Maher, J. Majak, C. Wilson
Excused: K. Sherony
1. The committee approved the minutes of October 29, 2004 (m/s/p)
2. D. Koster reported that the committee will postpone any further action on the Teacher Education Governing Council draft until the SEC has requested the committee to move forward. Apparently the TEGC’s development of “internal” procedures has called into question whether this council should be a Faculty Senate committee.
3. The committee acted on the SEC request to revise the bylaws so that the 7-member Budget Review Committee is the same 7 faculty representatives appointed by the Senate to the Joint Budget Committee, one of which is the Vice President of the Senate. This will involve increasing the number of faculty on the Budget Review Committee from 5 to 7. (m/s/p) D. Koster will craft the exact wording of the Bylaws change to be presented to the Senate.
4. The committee acted on the Library Committee request to revise the bylaws so that of the three student members appointed to the committee, one will be a graduate student (m/s/p). D. Koster will craft the exact wording of the Bylaws change to be presented to the Senate.
5. The committee briefly discussed its charge to revise bylaws to include a permanent Administrative Review Committee, the creation of which was approved by a previous Senate.
6. The next committee meeting was scheduled for 2:15 p.m. on Friday, December, 3 2004.
7. The meeting adjourned at approx. 3:00 p.m.
Secretary pro tem