FACULTY DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Minutes for October 27, 2004
Members present: Ashley Burrowes, Bill Cerbin, Abdul Elfessi, Ann Hendricks, Heather Hulett, Becky LeDocq, Mary Helen McMurran, Elizabeth Seebach, Mao Zheng, Catherine Wycoff
- Call to order at 2:20 p.m.
- Minutes for Oct. 13, 2004 approved.
- Committee discussed the draft of the chart of faculty development monies available across the university. The information was collected as part of the FDC committee’s special charge from the Faculty Senate to “report on resources committed to faculty development.” Remaining information will be added to the chart along with a cover letter. The committee discussed the contents of the cover letter.
- Discussion of the paucity of grant proposals received for the fall deadline; strategies for increasing the number of applicants for a second round of grants set for February 11, 2005 (Dean’s offices)/February 18, 2005 (Provost’s office).
- Meeting adjourned at 3:05 p.m.
- The next meeting is scheduled for Nov. 3, 2004 2:15 p.m., 327 Graff Main Hall to discuss grant proposals.