Committee on Academic Policies and Standards (CAPS)
Minutes for September 30, 2005
Members Present: Bulk, Cary, Headington, Hoar, LeDocq, Loh, Putnam, Stroud, Wehrs
Members Excused: MacDonald
Consultants/Guests: Burkhardt, Dittman, Hamlin, Kiefer, Schumacher, Thill
1. Meeting called to order at 3:38 p.m. in 325 Graff Main Hall by Chair Loh; Wehrs appointed secretary for the meeting.
2. M/S/P (8/0/1) to approve CAPS minutes from 9/16 (prepared by Hoar).
3. The committee discussed Fall 2005 enrollment data (target vs. actual) with a special emphasis on the relationship between the new freshman non-resident category and the transfer category. The data indicate that the new freshman non-resident category was 23 below target, while transfers were 49 over target in terms of headcount.
4. The committee discussed the enrollment targets that have been recently formulated for Fall 2006 in relation to the Fall 2005 results and results in prior years.
5. The committee will summarize its observations and formulate recommendations at a subsequent meeting.
6. M/S/P (9/0/0) to go into closed session to consider personal information of students.
7. M/S/P (9/0/0) to approve the appeal of an SAH student requesting credit for a course repeated at another campus.
Student: XXX Course: CHM103
8. The meeting adjourned at 4:45 p.m.
William Wehrs, Rotating Secretary