3-23-06 Report to Faculty Senate
In September 2005, CGAAF was charged to conduct workshops for the Academic Deans and Chairs on the correct procedures for Student Academic Non-grade Appeals. In preparation for the workshops, the Committee reviewed the procedures that were being followed in each College. We found that the various Dean’s offices were using different procedures and that the procedures themselves contained ambiguities, gaps, and inconsistencies. Consequently, the Committee decided that the first step was to review and revise the Eagle Eye document on Student Academic Non-grade Appeals.
CGAAF has completed and unanimously approved revisions of the Student Academic Non-grade Appeals policy and is forwarding the document to the Faculty Senate for its review. The Committee recommends that
- the Student Academic Non-grade Appeals policy, as revised by CGAAF, be adopted;
- all documents pertaining to student appeals be reviewed for consistency by the Office of Student Life;
- all documents pertaining to student appeals be linked to each other on Eagle Eye;
- the Student Academic Non-grade Appeals policy be available in all department and academic deans’ offices;
- the Faculty Senate establish a procedure about how all documents and their revisions are formally approved, adopted, dated, and published.