GRADUATE COUNCIL MINUTES
Friday, May 12, 2006-10:00 a.m.
325 Graff Main Hall
Members Present: VJ Agarwal, George Arimond, Tracie Blumentritt, Rob Dixon, Thomas Krueger, Kasi Periyasamy, Steve
Members Excused: Tom Kuffel, Yang II Park, Tiffany Rausch (Student Rep.), Dan Sutherland, Michelle Thorman
Consultants Present: Bruce May, Charles Martin-Stanley
Consultants Excused: Karen Mc Lean, Diane Schumacher, Teri Staloch
1. The meeting was called to order at 10:08 a.m. by VJ Agarwal.
2. Minutes for April 28th have not been sent out and therefore could not be approved.
3. Review of application for Graduate Faculty Membership: The application by Lori Peterson was resubmitted with additional
information. Motion made, seconded and passed to approve application for Assistant Membership for Lori Peterson.
Motion passed. (5 yes, 0 no)
4. Review of Graduate Student Professional Travel Funds: Previous to the meeting, VJ sent electronic copies of the revisions to
the Professional Travel Grants Program for members to review. All revisions were discussed by the council and a motion was
made to accept the revisions. Motion passed. (5 yes, 0 no)
5. VJ informed the Grad Council it might be necessary to schedule another meeting to hear a Grad Student Appeal. VJ will
keep members updated.
Meeting adjourned: 11:00 a.m.
c: Graduate Council Members
Graduate Program Directors
Graduate Council File