Minutes of the Instructional Academic Staff Committee
Friday, October 28, 2005
1:00-2:30 p.m., 116 Cowley Hall
Present: Sue Anglehart, Bonnie Bratina, Kay Dailey, Peggy Denton, Kerrie Hoar, Don Socha, Phil Bice
- The minutes from October 14, 2005 were approved.
- Sarah Sullivan cannot attend the meetings at this time. We will request that Marcie Wycoff-Horn replace her on the committee.
- Committee duties and make up were discussed. A motion to approve the following summary was approved (M/S/7,0,0). It will be sent to the Articles and Bylaws Committee.
Instructional Academic Staff Committee
Duties and Responsibilities of the committee shall include:
- considering and recommending policies affecting the academic staff status, salary, appointment types, titling, career progression, workload, and working conditions of IAS.
- considering and recommending the practices and procedures for implementing those policies.
- monitoring HR progress in collecting and disseminating information on these policies and procedures.
This committee shall consist of 9 members, with at least two (2) representatives from each college. While faculty may serve on this committee, at no time shall there be more than one faculty representative from each college.
- A list of issues to be addressed and the logical order in which to address them was discussed. Titling and career progression proposal by SAH was discussed in some detail The CLS ad hoc committee is also studying the issue. There will likely be changes in terms of years of service and %FTE. Committee members are asked to review the document to determine if the SAH descriptions and timeline work for their respective colleges/departments. Committee members are also encouraged to look at other UW sister campuses.
5. Our next meeting is scheduled for November 11, 2005 at 1:00 p.m. in Room 116.