Minutes of the Instructional Academic Staff Committee
Friday, December 2, 2005
1:00-2:30 p.m., 116 Cowley Hall
Present: Sue Anglehart, Bonnie Bratina, Peggy Denton, Kerrie Hoar, Sandy Koster, Don Socha, Phil Bice
Absent: Kay Dailey, Michael Durnin
- The minutes from October 28, 2005 and November 11, 2005 were approved.
- The IAS databank provided by Human Resources was checked for accuracy. The only correction noted was that Blanche Collins should be removed from the list.
- Provost Hitch and Betsy Morgan are working on an IAS package.
- Discussion of modifications to the SAH Titling and Progression Document were discussed. The following changes to Appendix 3 were suggested:
In the Lecture series:
- Remove “post-professional” from the last sentence of the description for the Senior and Distinguished titles. This would be retained in the Clinical Professor Title Series.
- Delete all “CSAH” references.
- In paragraph 2 in the Senior Lecturer description,
change “or at least seven years” to “or at least six years”
delete the (continuous, in this case…)
add or eight part time
In the Clinical Professor series:
a. In paragraph 2 in each description level,
change 5 to 6 years in Associate Clinical series
change 7 to 8 full professor.
5. Peggy and Sue will draft a “Guiding Principles” section to accompany our document.