Faculty Development Committee Minutes
March 7, 2007
Present: Rebecca Battista, Jeff Bryan, Jeanne Danneker, Ann Hendricks, Karl Kattchee, Jennifer Miskowski, Aric Opdahl, Sharon Scherwitz Arne Sippola
Consultant: Bill Cerbin
- Call to order 2:17 by Karl Kattchee
- Discussion and voting on
- MSP fully fund Schneider, et al proposal 9-0-0
- MSP fully fund Mc Cannon proposal 9-0-0
- MSP approve Kelly proposal 9-0-0
- MSP fully fund Beck proposal 9-0-0
- MSP approve and fully fund Berlin proposal 9-0-0
- MSP approve Poulton proposal 8-1-0
- MSF approve Ardovino proposal 0-9-0
- MSF approve Davidson proposal 1-8-0
- MSP fully fund Kelly proposal 9-0-0
- MSP fund Poulton proposal at $3,000. 8-0-0 (JM had to leave)
- MSP recommend that Provost apply the remainder of the money to Faculty Development 8-0-0
- Discussion of how to increase awareness and attractiveness of Faculty Development Grants. It was suggested that funding be increased to equal research grants.
- MSP increase Teaching Innovation Grants to $1,500. to increase quality of proposals.
- MSP adjourn meeting 3:11.