Minutes of the Instructional Academic Staff Committee
Friday, September 23, 2006
1:00 Room 113 Cowley Hall
Present: Sue Anglehart, Peggy Denton, Barbara Gander, Kerrie Hoar, Glenn Knowles, Sandy Koster, Don Socha, Jodi Vandenberg-Daves
Absent: Michael Durnin
- Kerrie Hoar was elected president by unanimous consensus.
- Sue Anglehart was elected secretary by unanimous consensus.
- Accomplishments from the 2005-2006 committee work were discussed:
- Titling descriptions for the Lecturer and Clinical Professor series were developed and approved by senate and the offices of Provost, Chancellor and HR.
- Document of requirements for Career Progression were developed and passed by the Senate.
- Discussion over the Provost’s proposal to link Titling, Progression and Workload.
- Campus-wide Open Forum on Titling, Progression and Workload was held.
- Updates on IAS issues
- Clinical Professor series is now being used in Health Professions.
- In the CLS 8 IAS have been re-titled.
- In the CBA some IAS have received equity adjustments and/or multiyear contracts.
- In the CSAH Program Directors and coaches received multi-year contracts and some requests are currently pending for re-titling.
5. Our official charge from Faculty Senate is:
a. Address the process of career progression, including the make-up of a
career progression committee, timeline for submission of materials, contents of a career progression portfolio, etc.
b. Investigate IAS contracts, specifically with regard to contract length, wording, type, etc.
c. Develop a mentoring program for IAS
d. Continue to work in conjunction with HR to update IAS about any new policies/procedures.
6. The next meeting is scheduled for Oct 6 at 1:00 p.m. where we will begin to look at Career Progression plans. It may be useful to look at other sister school web sites as well as UWL Faculty Promotion Process. We will invite Ron Rada to a meeting in the near future.
Meeting adjourned at 2:10
Respectfully submitted by Suzanne Anglehart