Committee on Academic Policies and Standards (CAPS)
Minutes for January 23, 2008
Members present: J. Boyle, M. Cary, R. Gillis, D. Hammen (left at 10:30), R. Haro, R. LeDocq, S. Navarre (left at 9:30), J. Shadforth, J. Shanks
Members excused: D. Lake, C. Lee,
Consultants: C. Andersen, C. Burkhardt, A. Dittman, G. Herling, E. Salava, S. Stine., T. Walls, MC. Xiong
1. Meeting called to order at 8:32 a.m. by chair LeDocq.
2. LeDocq reported that the first regular meeting of CAPS for the semester will be Friday, February 1 at 3:15.
3. M/S to go into closed session to hear student appeals. By roll call vote, motion passed unanimously. For each appeal, the standing motion is to approve the appeal.
4. Committee heard an appeal of academic ineligibility from a College of Liberal Studies (CLS) student:
CLS Student Denied 3-5-1
5. Committee heard an appeal to allow military science courses taken at another institution at the 100/200 level to count as 300/400 level course credit at UW-L.
Student Denied 1-8-0
6. Committee heard appeals of academic ineligibility from four College of Business Administration (CBA) students:
CBA Student 1 Denied 0-9-0
CBA Student 2 Denied 0-7-1
CBA Student 3 Approved 7-1-0
CBA Student 4 Approved 5-2-1
7. Committee heard appeals of academic ineligibility from four Science and Health (SAH) students:
SAH Student 1 Denied 0-7-0
SAH Student 2 Denied 0-6-1
SAH Student 3 Approved 5-2-0
SAH Student 4 Approved 6-0-1
8. Meeting adjourned at 11:45 a.m.
Melanie Cary, Co-Secretary