Minutes of the Instructional Academic Staff Career Progression Committee
Friday, November 9, 2007
1:15 Room 111 Carl Wimberley Hall
Present: Elise Denlinger (convener), George Arimond, Ashley Burrowes, David Howard, Tom Reinert, Melissa Wallace
- First order of business: to elect Chairperson and Secretary for the IAS CPC. The following motions were passed and seconded: David Howard will be Chair; Melissa Wallace will be Secretary.
- Discussion of next meeting. To be scheduled the week before the start of classes next semester after the 23rd of January. The next meeting will consist of an orientation, similar to that of JPC, with the participation of Betsy Morgan, Carmen Wilson, and Don Socha. Subsequent meetings will follow the guidelines established in Appendix C of “A Guide to Instructional Academic Staff (IAS) Career Progression and Portfolio Development at UW-La Crosse.”
- Issues to address with Faculty Senate:
- What are the terms of the committee members? How will we rotate off? Concerns were expressed about turnover and continuity. Denlinger will consult Carmen Wilson.
- Will we play any role in reviewing departmental by-laws, or will that be done by the IAS Committee? Denlinger will contact Kerrie Hoar.
- Meeting was adjourned at 2:20 pm.