Faculty Development Committee Meeting
Minutes for Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Members present: M. Cary, V. Crank, S. Dickmeyer, K. Kattchee, B. Rusterholz, S. Scherwitz, G. Cravins, J. Kirsch, S. Verrall
Consultant: B. Cerbin
1. Meeting called to order at 2:20 p.m. by Chair Kattchee.
2. The Committee approved the minutes of the October 8 2008 meeting.
3. Kattchee informed the Committee that D. LaCoss withdrew his proposal (and plans to submit a proposal to the Faculty Research Committee).
4. The Committee discussed the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) and Teaching Innovation (TI) proposals, which were submitted by E. Knowles & L. Strangman; T. Docan-Morgan; A. Galbraith, N. Downey, T. Weaver, & S. Cooper, S. Docan-Morgan, & D. Thoune. The discussion included consideration of the funding restriction that FDC does not fund requests for capital equipment.
5. Kattchee reviewed the ranking procedure.
6. Members will submit their rankings electronically to Sibbie Weathers. Funding decisions will be made at the next meeting on Wednesday, October 22.
7. Meeting adjourned at 3:20 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Melanie Cary