Faculty Development Committee Meeting
Minutes for Wednesday, October 22, 2008 Draft
Members present: M. Cary, V. Crank, G. Cravins, K. Kattchee, J. Kirsch, B. Rusterholz, S. Verrall
Member excused: S. Dickmeyer
Member absent: S. Scherwitz
Consultant: B. Cerbin
1. Meeting called to order at 2:18 p.m. by Chair Kattchee.
2. The Committee approved the minutes of the October 15 2008 meeting.
3. The rankings of the proposals without applicant names were distributed and discussed. Then the rankings of the proposals with applicant names were distributed and discussed.
4. M/S/P Approve and fully fund the T. Docan-Morgan proposal ($3,000).
5. M/S/P Approve the A. Galbraith, N. Downey, T. Weaver, & S. Cooper proposal.
M/S/P Fully fund the Galbraith et al. proposal ($5,000).
6. M/S/P Approve the E. Knowles & L. Strangman proposal.
M/S/P Fully fund the Knowles & Strangman proposal ($4,000).
7. M/S Approve and partially fund the D. Thoune proposal for $1,000.
Amendment: fund the Thoune proposal for $1,200. Amendment passed.
Passed the amended motion to partially fund the Thoune proposal for $1,200.
8. M/S/P Approve and fully fund the J. Shadforth proposal ($1,684).
9. M/S/P Approve the S. K. Ritterling proposal.
M/S/P Partially fund the Ritterling proposal for $4,000.
10. M/S/Failed Approve the K. Skemp-Arlt proposal.
11. M/S/Failed Approve the L. Peterson proposal.
12. M/S/Failed Approve the D. Lake proposal.
13. The remaining two proposals (J. Arney & B. Udermann and S. Docan-Morgan) will be considered and voted upon at the next meeting on Wednesday, October 29.
14. Meeting adjourned at 3:23 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Melanie Cary