Faculty Development Committee Meeting
Minutes for Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Members present: M. Cary, V. Crank, K. Kattchee, B. Rusterholz, J. Kirsch
Members not present: S. Dickmeyer, S. Scherwitz, G. Cravins, S. Verrall
1. Meeting called to order at 2:23 p.m. by Chair Kattchee.
2. The minutes from the previous two meetings will be approved at next week’s meeting.
3. The Committee discussed the Professional Development (PD) proposals, which were submitted by B. Cherne, S. Murray, R. McCannon, and S. Jessee. Chair Kattchee shared with the Committee feedback on the proposals that had been provided by committee member Verrall. The Committee’s discussion included consideration of the funding restriction that FDC does not fund “travel for the sole purpose of attending a professional conference.” Also, the electronic version of one proposal does not have signatures. Bill Cerbin will be consulted to determine if a version with signatures was provided.
4. The Committee discussed some general concerns over the guidelines for proposals reviewed by this committee.
5. Kattchee reminded the committee of the ranking procedure. Members will submit their rankings electronically to Sibbie Weathers. Funding decisions will be made at the next meeting on Wednesday, March 4.
6. Meeting adjourned at 3:16 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Melanie Cary