Faculty Development Committee Meeting
Minutes for Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Members present: M. Cary, V. Crank, S. Dickmeyer, K. Kattchee, B. Rusterholz, S. Scherwitz, G. Cravins, J. Kirsch, S. Verrall
Consultants and guests: B. Cerbin, B Hoar
1. Meeting called to order at 2:15 p.m. by convener Kattchee
2. Kattchee agreed to serve as chair.
3. Cary volunteered to serve as secretary.
4. Notebooks were distributed. Kattchee noted the charge from Faculty Senate and reviewed the role of the committee.
5. Hoar spoke with the committee as a representative of the Provost’s office. There was discussion as to the committee’s role in considering and reporting on the support needs for faculty development. An official charge is forthcoming.
6. Proposals are due electronically on Oct 3. They will be available to the committee via D2L upon submission. The next committee meeting will likely be Oct. 8 to discuss proposals.
7. Meeting adjourned at 3:10 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Melanie Cary