Minutes of the Instructional Academic Staff Committee
Friday, September 12, 2008
2:00 Room 116 Cowley Hall
Present: William Barillas, Lisa Caya, Elise Denlinger, Robert Eberle, Barb Gander, Glenn Knowles, Robin McCannon, Paul Reuteman, and Kerri Hoar, IAS Liason.
Absent: Sheila Perkins,
- Discussion of 2008-2009 charge.
- M/S/A (8, 0, 0) to elect Elise Denlinger as chair of committee.
- M/S/A (8, 0, 0) secretary duties will rotate.
- Kerrie provided some history, background and updates on IAS committee work.
- Kerrie Hoar, Glenn Knowles and Paul Reuteman will attend the meeting on Monday, Sept. 15 in the office of Jennifer Wilson in HR to begin discussions of the proposed changes to the AS handbook/policies.
- Our first order of business will be to discuss results of the meeting regarding the Academic Staff handbook and policies in order to move forward with changes.
- In addition to our given charges, Kerrie suggested that we look at the IDP forms and propose changes that will make it a better tool for Instructional Academic Staff. Peggy Denton has a form that is used in the Health Professions, which may provide a good format from which to start.
- Our next meeting will be Friday, September 26 at 2:00 in room 116 Cowley Hall.
Meeting adjourned at 3:00
Respectfully submitted by Barb Gander