Graduate Curriculum Committee Minutes
September 15, 2009
Members Present: Angell, Eide, Finch, Hunt, Periyasamy, Taylor-Winfrey, Seebach, Newton, Zheng
Consultants Present: Agarwal, Dittman, Keller, Martin-Stanley, Bakkum, Knudson
Members Absent: Abhold (exc.)
1. Introduction of committee members and consultants
2. Elected Carol Angell as Chair and Corinne Means as Recorder
3. V.J. Agarwal advised he will share 3 student names for the committee at the next meeting for approval.
4. Chair and Registrar explained committee procedures to members along with GCC binder contents. Chris Bakkum advised there will be a draft of the revised LX forms that will be presented at the next meeting. A new Certificate Guidelines policy will be handed out at the next meeting to include in GCC binders.
5. Approval of May 5, 2009 minutes (one abstain); Approval of May 27, 2009 meeting (business was conducted via email.) (2 abstain) Proposals sent electronically and motion crafted by chair Kenny Hunt.
M/S/P to approve minutes
6. Second readings: none
7. First Readings: none
8. Consent Agenda: none
9. Old business: none
10. New business: Reviewed committee charge letter. GCC and UCC share two new charges from Faculty Senate. Chair advised she will coordinate with UCC chair and propose submitting one combined document. Chair will e-mail charge letter to members and consultants to consider for next meeting and start preliminary discussions due to the topic. Brian Udderman, Director of Online Courses, is working on putting together handbook/guidelines for online courses. Registrar to review CAPS meetings for any updates on this topic.
11. WINGS Overview - Chris Bakkum reviewed Faculty Center and provided updates on the new Advisement Report (AR, formerly known as SNAP) and transcripts. Also advised that Kathy Eirschele in the Records Office will be available for navigation training on a one-on-one basis or group basis.
Meeting adjourned at 4:15 p.m.