GRADUATE COUNCIL MINUTES
Wednesday January 20, 2010- 8:00 a.m.
126 Wing Technology Center
Members Present: Vijendra Agarwal, Kasi Periyasamy, Gary Gilmore, Carol Angell, Rob Dixon, Glenn Wright, Abdulaziz Elfessi, Jim Finch, Michelle Stertz, Jacquelin Hean, Bernadette Taylor, Michelle Thorman (latter part of the meeting)
Consultants Present: Bruce May, Charles Martin-Stanley
Meeting called to order at 8:00 am by Rob Dixon
1. M/S/P (11-0-0) to go into closed session as provided in section 19.85(1)(F) of Wisconsin to consider graduate student dismissal appeals.
2. M/S/P (11-0-0) to readmit (PT Student 1) into the Physical Therapy Graduate Program through the end of August 2010.
3. M/S/P (11-0-0) to readmit (PT Student 2) into the Physical Therapy Graduate Program.
Michelle Thorman joined the meeting at this point
4. M/S/P (12-0-0) to readmit (CBA Student) to the MBA Graduate Program
5. M/S/P (11-1-0) that (Biology Student) appeal to be allowed to take the microbiology oral comprehensive exam a third time in written instead of oral format be re-heard by the department’s Graduate Program Committee in which the three members who recused themselves in the original vote are replaced by other members of the department.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:24 a.m.