Committee on Academic Policies and Standards (CAPS)
Minutes for October 1, 2010
Members present: S. Anglehart, K. Hunt, G. Iguchi, E. Kraemer, P.Miller, P.
Ragan, S. Van Dalsem, Abby K, Mackenzie Hautala, Jake Boll
Members excused: B. Butterfield, W. Elder
Consultants: J. Von Ruden, C. Burkhardt, G. Herling, T. Richter, S. Stine, Jenna Eichberger, Amelia Dittman
Guests: Marvin Noltz
- The meeting was called to order at 1:20 pm by S. Van Dalsem.
- M/S to approve the minutes from May 7, 2010 (10-0-0)
3. M/S to approve the minutes from September 1, 2010 with noted correction (10-0-0)
- The committee discussed options for data acquisition regarding students repeating coursework with Marvin Noltz. We will look at MTH 145,207, CHM 103,104,303,304 and BIO 312,313 as examples of courses where multiple repeats may lead to closure of the class. The number of students who are repeating, their class rank and date of registration data be gathered.
- M/S to go into closed session to hear student appeals. By roll call vote, motion passed. For each appeal, the standing motion is to approve the appeal. (10-0-0)
6. The committee heard appeals of academic ineligibility from one College of Science and Health (SAH) student:
Student XXXX Denied (1,9,0)
- The meeting was adjourned at 3:04 p.m.
Suzanne Anglehart, Recorder