Faculty Development Committee Meeting
Minutes for Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Members present: M. Cary, C. Tobin, H. Dai, A. Gedicks, B. Bennie, G. Cravins, D. Thoune, V. Her
Member not present (excused): K. Mally
Consultant: B. Cerbin
1) Meeting called to order at 2:19pm by M. Cary, chair.
2) M/S/P approval of minutes of 10/13/2010 committee meeting [Yes- 8, No- 0].
3) The rankings of the proposals without applicant name were distributed and briefly discussed.
4) The rankings of the proposals with applicant names were distributed and discussed.
5) M/S/Failed to approve proposal by Quinn. The committee will send letter clarifying reasons for denial of proposal.
6) M/S/P to approve and fully fund (at $3000) proposal by Lyons.
7) M/S/P to approve and fund (at $1825) proposal by Yu (reflecting removal of one night of lodging).
8) M/S/P to approve and fully fund (at $1341) proposal by Crank.
9) M/S/P to approve and fully fund (at $1835) proposal by Belby.
10) M/S/P to approve and fully fund (at $3250) proposal by Bratina, Anglehart, and Barbknecht.
11) M/S/P to approve and fully fund (at $4695) proposal by Pinnell.
12) M/S/P to approve and fund (at $11,319) proposal by Williams-Terpstra.
13) M/S/P to not fund proposals by Moeller ($2444), McCannon ($3000), Morrison ($5630), Elfessi & Reineke ($3000) and Yoo & Steffen ($2700) due to lack of funding.
14) Cary proposed further discussion at the next meeting on setting a single due date for Faculty Development Committee grants.
15) Next meeting will be November 3, 2010, at 2:15pm.
16) Meeting adjourned at 3:26pm.
Submitted by Casey Tobin