Career Progression Resources
Candidates interested in going up for career progression should consider the following materials:
- Review UW-L Career Progression guidelines: The most current career progression guidelines can be viewed at: A Guide to Instructional Academic Staff (IAS) Career Progression and Portfolio Development at UW-La Crosse
Candidates are best served by thoroughly reviewing the guidelines prior to creating their portfolios. Current guidelines include instructions for an electronic portfolio.
- Learn about career progressions eligibility requirements. Documentation regarding eligibility requirements for career progression is available at: Career Progression Eligibility Requirements Grid
- Learn about e-portfolios. Documentation regarding the use of electronic portfolios is available at http://www.uwlax.edu/provost/pvchome/eportfolios.htm.
- Example Portfolios. Examples of successful pormotion files are available at http://www.uwlax.edu/provost/academics/IAS_Samples/iasportfolios.html.
- Enter Digitial Measures. The electronic portfolio portal can be found at Electronic Portfolio Portal.
- Tips from the IAS Career Progression Committee.
- Review the Teaching/PD/Service Measures Worksheets that IAS CPC members use to review career progression files. The worksheets reflect a spectrum of potential evidence rather than a list of required activities.
- Attend an information session. Every fall, the IAS Liaision hosts information sessions to answer questions. The upcoming session dates can be found at the IAS News page.
- Write about teaching. Materials regarding writing syllabi with learning outcomes, assessment reports, and teaching philosophies.
- Review the information that should be included in the Departmental Report.
- Review the information that should be included in the Dean's Report.