University of Wisconsin-La Crosse |

Financial Aid

  • Consortium agreements

    Consortium Agreements
    • Financial aid for eligible students may be available for coursework completed at another institution through the "Consortium Agreement" process.
    • Consortium requests from UW-L students pursuing coursework at the following institutions will be considered: All UW System Institutions; Viterbo University; Winona State University; Western Technical College.
    • Consortium agreements are limited to coursework that meets the student's degree requirements.
    • Students must complete the UW-L Consortium Agreement Form. The form must be signed by the student's academic advisor approving the off campus course.
    • Consortium requests from UW-L students pursuing a study abroad program through another institution must secure approval of the program through the UW-L Office of International Education prior to completing the consortium agreement form.
    • Consortium agreements will be considered for all sessions including Fall, Spring, Winter Intersession and Summer. These requests require additional processing time. Please apply early.
    • Students who participate in a Consortium Agreement will need to provide follow up paperwork showing that the course(s) taken at the visiting school were transferred back to UW-La Crosse. No future financial aid will disburse to the student bill until this follow up process is completed.
    • No consortium agreements will be made with institutions that have had their eligibility for Title IV Federal student aid revoked.
    • To request a consortium form / additional information, please contact Vernell Glenn in the UW-L Financial Aid Office at (608) 785-8604 or


  • centennial-hall-dawn 320X200