Selected Teaching Materials
The following resources are useful teaching materials:
- This GPS presentation briefly introduces the simplified science of pinpointing a locale on the earth's surface.
- GPS Garmin eTrax Tips.
- Powerpoints for teaching the fundamentals of GIS: GIS Basics, GIS-Geographic Data, GIS Applications and Examples, Selecting a GIS.
- A 12-minute Video (2007) from the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) on Climate Change and Teachers.
- Communicating and Learning About Global Climate Change, an abbreviated guide for teaching climate change from Project 2061 at AAAS.
- AAAS Global Climate Change Resources.
- Powerpoints on Climate Change from our Workshop: Basics of Greenhouse Effects, Global Warming Impacts
- Powerpoint on Teaching Climate Change by John Whitsett of the National Science Teachers Association.
- Powerpoints on Climate Change: USGS Repeat Glacier Photo Pairs (short version), Climate Classroom.
- The Story of Stuff, a 20-minute video.
- Under the Dataset link on the left pane, there are many KMZ and KML data files (for Google Earth) that are excellent interactive teaching materials.