Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI)
MAJOR POLICY CHANGE OCCURRED IN 2012
This policy identifies procedures and guidelines to be followed in resolving actual and potential grant applicants' conflicts of financial interests pertaining to grants and sponsored research projects funded by Federal agencies, such as the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation and the Department of Health and Human Services.
Public Health Service (PHS) only - includes NIH, CDC, SAMHSA, and other agencies and offices
- UW-L Policy - webpage
- UW-L Policy - pdf
- Investigator Checklist - who is considered an investigator?
- Investigator Training - contact us to be added to the ORSP D2L class
- Subrecipient Forms / Templates
- NIH (PHS) FCOI website
All Other Federal Agencies
- UW-L policy - webpage
- UW-L Policy - pdf
- Investigators are defined as PIs and co-PIs
from UW-L only
- PI(s)/PD(s) should screen non-PI/PD UW-L faculty, staff, and students working on their grant. If a SFI may exist, have that person to complete a SFI Disclosure Form.
SFI Disclosure Form
- SFI Disclosure Form link - Qualtrics survey
- SFI Disclosure Form pdf to assist you in preparing your responses. May not be used in lieu of electronic submission. Please note that this contains all of the questions of the survey; you will only be asked the questions that are required of you based on your answers as you progress through the survey. If you have any questions, please contact ORSP.
FCOI Committee Operating Guidelines - suggested guideline draft only, pending first meeting and committee / institutional approval
Forms - for reference only
- FCOI Management Plan (internal use)
- FCOI Retrospective Review and Mitigation Plan (internal use)
- PHS FCOI Report (submitted to PHS awarding component)
- PHS Public Disclosure (public information request disclosures)
- Memorandums of Understanding - MOUs (Word docx to use as templates)
- Report forms for submissions to ORSP by subrecipient institution (Word docx to use as templates)
- UW-L investigators must use UW-L for their SFI/FCOI disclosures and reporting. Certifications will be provided by ORSP to the primary institution; please contact us for assistance.