Faculty Research Grants
UW-L provides Faculty Research Grants on a competitive, peer-reviewed basis to eligible faculty and academic staff. The term “research” is meant to denote investigative activities, i.e., scholarly efforts to advance knowledge, increase skills, and improve understanding in any academic discipline. Proposals clearly designed to improve instruction on this campus will not be considered for funding by these grants. Clarifications added 10/22/12.
Deadline: Proposals (Digital Measures) due to firstname.lastname@example.org on the fourth Wednesday in October by 4:00 p.m.
Fall 2012 Deadline: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 4:00 p.m.
- Fall 2012 Guidelines
- Documents that you will need...
- Cover page - replaced by input screen in Digital Measures
- Signature page - see guidelines/RFP for information on seeking your department chair's approval
- Budget - if you make changes to the budget template, please be sure to verify the formulas
- CV - as it is unclear in the guidelines, this may be placed to the end of your project narrative or uploaded as a separate document under additional supporting documents
- Having trouble with the grant submission process? Please
scroll to the bottom of the screen for an instructional video.
- The uploading process comes first in the video
- Approximately 5:15 into the video, it demonstrates report generation
- Information for Chairs - NEW PROCESS - no
- PIs should provide you with their proposal so that you may review it
- If you approve, communicate your approval (verbally, email, etc) to the PI
- When they upload their proposals, PIs will initial that you have approved
- When they submit their proposals, you will be copied on that email
- If you receive an email for a proposal that you have not seen and/or approved, you may contact ORSP at email@example.com and request that the proposal be withdrawn from consideration.
- 2011-2012 Award Recipients for Research in FY2013
- Sample proposals that were approved for funding:
- Plan now to present at Faculty Research Day 2013 or 2014.
Request for proposals will be distributed via email.
- 2013 - January 25th
- 2014 - date tba
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-8007 if you have questions.