International Development Fund Grants
The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse is a leader in global education within the University of Wisconsin System. Through institutional partnerships and other scholarly activities, university faculty and academic staff are connected with other universities and organizations throughout the world. International experiences bring the world to the classroom, enhance research, and assist in preparing students, faculty, and staff in becoming global citizens for the 21st Century. The International Faculty/Academic Staff Development Fund (IDF) was created in 1999 to facilitate and support international activities.
- Deadlines: October 1, February 1, and April 1 of each year to email@example.com.
- Next IDF grant deadline: April 1, 2014
- Application form (Microsoft Word)
- Budget - if you make
changes to the budget template, please be sure to verify
the formulas. IMPORTANT NOTES:
- This is a universal budget template.
- Not all categories listed will be allowable for IDF Grants.
- Please refer to the guidelines/RFP for allowable expenses.
- Final reporting
- Recently Funded Grants
- University Assurances Compliance
- Compile your grant in Digital Measures using the "Manage Internal Grant Proposals" function. It is located at the bottom of the function list.
- Run a report which will yield a document (usually a pdf). If you are having difficulty with this step, please see the video below. The "run a report" step is at the 5:15 mark.
- Email the report as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy your Dean's office on your proposal email.
If the proposed project involves the services of University personnel overseas, the PI/PD should submit an informational copy to the Director, Office of International Education.
Faculty Research Grant and International Development Grant Dual Submission- NEW FOR FALL 2012!
If this proposal will be submitted in conjunction with a Faculty Research Grant, do NOT submit on the October 1st deadline. Instead, your IDF grant should be submitted as part of your Faculty Research Grant. Please see those guidelines for details.
Once the Faculty Research Grants have been reviewed by the Research and Grants committee, its recommendations will be forwarded, along with the proposals, to the IDF committee for consideration.
- If your Faculty Research Grant is funded, that fact will be considered when the IDF portion of your proposal is reviewed.
- If you are not successful in receiving a Faculty Research Grant, the IDF portion of your proposal will still be considered by the IDF committee.
- If your IDF proposal is not funded through
this process, you may resubmit a revised
proposal for the February 1st IDF grant deadline
using the regular IDF submission process.